On the battlefield of stain removal, it’s important to know the weapons at your disposal. Here you can familirise yourself with the Ariel detergents you can use in your quest for cleaner clothes!
Not all detergents are the same! Detergents are made up of many specialist ingredients - some, like Ariel, have more of the best ingredients.
Identifying the right detergent
You need only look at the line-up of your washing to pick the right one for the job:
- White Loads: For white loads use a bleach-containing detergent such as Ariel Matic Front Load if you have front load fully automatic washing machine or Ariel Matic Top Load if you own a top load fully automatic machine. In case of semi-automatic washing machine, choose Ariel.
- Coloured Loads: For colours use a detergent with colour protection technology such as Ariel Colour
- Smelly Loads: For longer lasting fragrance, use a detergent with advanced perfume technology such as Ariel 24 Hour Fresh
Loading the machine
Leave a gap about the width of your hand between the top of the drum and the laundry.A washing machine works by immersing the laundry in a solution of water and washing detergent and tumbling it. Modern, low water fill washing machines are designed to use less water, so owners of these should be particularly careful not to over fill. For the best possible results, there has to be enough water for the detergent to dissolve and enough space for your clothes to move around. If the gap between the top of the drum and the laundry is less than a hand’s width, your machine is probably too full. If this is the case, the laundry may soak up so much water that there isn’t enough left to dissolve the detergent!
You should be aware that more delicate fibres and faster wash cycles require a smaller load to give the garments more space to move around.
How much should I use?
The key facts to consider are...
1. How dirty the clothes are
2. Size of the load
3. Water hardness
It is important to dose correctly as underdosing can result in poor cleaning and stain removal.
- Dirt levels: The more heavily soiled your clothes are, the more detergent you will need to use in a load. This helps to remove dirt and stop it returning to your clothes.
- Drum size: Detergent dosage is based on the drum size of a conventional washing machine. Larger wash loads bring in more dirt, so to get great results on every wash you need more detergent.
- Water hardness: Water hardness varies throughout India. To get the best results people in hard water areas need to use more detergent.