All washing machines have the same purpose – to wash clothes – but when you get into the details about the types of washing machines on the market, such as the difference between top load and front load washing machines, things get a little complicated. Find the right one for you!
What are the differences between top load and front load washing machines?
The main difference between these two washing machines is where you’ll find the door. Top load machines are loaded from the top, whereas front load machines have the door at the side of the machine. Apart from the location of the door, there are some differences between the models.
The main differences are:
- Structure. Apart from the location of the door, a front load machine has no agitator and uses paddles on the side of the drum. These washing machine features mean that front load washing machines are generally gentler on your clothes than top load ones.
- Capacity. If you have a top load machine with an agitator, then this takes up more space, so front load often can take larger loads.
- Electricity. Since you can do a larger load in a front load washing machine, this means you will need to do less washes and you can save more money in the long term, especially if you use an economical washing machine.
- Water. Front load machines usually use less water to wash the clothes than a top load washing machine.
- Space. Some top load machines are narrower, so it may be easier to fit a top load machine into a smaller space.
- Price. You’ll find top load machines come at lower prices on the market than front load ones.
Whether you choose a top or a front load machine, in the end it really depends on your needs.
What is the difference between a fully-automatic and semi-automatic washing machine?
The main difference between semi-automatic and fully-automatic washing machines is that the latter does everything you need at the touch of a button. The semi-automatic washing machine may require you to move the wet clothes from one tub to another for spin drying, for example. You can see more about fully-automatic washing machines and semi-automatic washing machines in our other articles. But the main pros and cons between the two machines are:
Finding the right machine depends on your washing needs Ariel is specially designed to meet your needs and is uniquely formulated to ensure the best performance inside your washing machine. Ariel offers a range of detergents from regular Ariel (for your semi-automatic washing machines) to Ariel Matic Front Load (for your fully-automatic front load washing machine) and Ariel Matic Top Load (for your fully-automatic top load washing machine), to ensure you get the best stain removal in 1-wash.